Saturday, May 5, 2012

D.I.Y jewellery stand....

Hi guys, thought I would share with you this cute little jewellery stand I created a couple of days ago.
I have had a pile of jewellery just thrown into a jewellery box and hanging over my mirror and it was irking me as to how messy and unsorted it was, not to mention it doesn't keep necklaces looking very good when they get entangled with one another.  I had seen some really nice jewellery stands on etsy, and was debating
over whether to splurge out or not, when I came across these mug holders at the op shop....

One was taller than the other so I thought the smaller one would be great for
Summers  pile of jewellery also.  So,  I gave them a quick sand....

and then two undercoats of white spraypaint....and then
two coats of a beautiful turquoise blue colour, and then sanded them back
really roughly and took back some areas to the wood underneath, and
basically just roughed them up a bit.....and this is how they turned out.....
 
 
 
 

I'm really pleased with them and now I can see all my necklaces at a glance.
I think they would look great in other colours also......x
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure I commented on this post!!! SO LOVE these Chook.... can you make me one if I find you the stand??? LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am already on the lookout for more marnz...so one will be headed your way!! What colour would you like? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Living it Chookie! Your talents are boundless. Will have to keep an eye out for stands too. X

    ReplyDelete