Monday, November 1, 2010

In my garden.......

Hello everyone, I hope you are all enjoying this beautiful weather. We have had alot of rain to get the gardens going and it is looking to be a beautiful mild summer season. I have already had to mow & brush cut three times, and am feeling overwhelmed by the work ahead already. I have asked Shane if we can make some sort of yard boundary that I can maintain without feeling so burdened by this expanse of land!. I'm sure that will help. However that is also another job to be added to the never ending list of 'things to be done'. The snakes and ticks are all out in full swing, I had a huge brown snake just outside the other day, and am so grateful to Jed for letting me know it was there. Dogs are invaluable out here for that reason alone!. Our little lamb Sage went down with a tick and we had to nurse her for a day & night, but she came good & went back to her mum & sister. We have been checking them every second day & are guaranteed to get at least one tick off them. I even had to get three off Marthas (the duck) eye yesterday!. We are all good, and keeping busy. Summer has started swimming club, she really enjoys the water and so does Finn so it is a good thing to do on a Thursday afternoon even to just keep Finn occupied, despite the hour drive to the pool!. Che has started Year 12 & seems to have gotten a second wind about the whole school thing. I think she can see the light at the end of the tunnel now, and is even reconsidering Uni.
Logan is so excited to be starting High School next year. His orientation days have already started so he is getting to meet some new kids who will be in year 7 with him, he is growing up way too fast, but still remains my sweet boy.
Happy gardening.............


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment