Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Ageing process.....


36 today......Creeps, I've just tipped the scales ever closer to the 40's, and boy does it feel like it!. I have been having a bit of trouble coping with this ageing thing lately. Up until now I've never really thought much about it. but now when I look in the mirror I can see the effects it is having on me. Where did all those lines come from???......and all the bags & sags in places I never knew existed. Sometimes I wish I didn't have a memory of the way I was before, because I am constantly comparing myself to my younger self, and it can be quite nasty at times!. I want to erase the memory of my former self & just embrace who I am now. I mean that former self I carry in my mind, didn't have 4 kids, and skin that had been stretched to within an inch of it's life!, or had she felt such sorrow and stress and joy & elation, and hardship & depression & serenity. I truly value the experiences that have made me who I am today, I really wouldn't have it any other way, if given a chance to go back. But, I just can't help wishing that the lines & crevices & bags & sags, didn't come along for the ride!. Is that really vain of me?.....because I hate vanity! The above photo is a little challenge I have taken on, to really see myself, so my kids can look back & really see me for who I was. It is very confronting....and some days I love it & others, well let's just say it's the complete opposite. But I will try, to look, & love.....ME.

Happy Birthday to all the Capricorn/Aquarians out there, especially... Barb, Bethy, Wendy & Brett. Love to you all x
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Chook, you look beautiful, just look at those eyes sparkle, you've always had such beautiful eyes, and no amount of wrinkles can take that away. I know what you are saying though, and you know what, a part of me actually believes that if I exercise enough and have enough facials, and do yoga and eat really well that I will reverse the ageing process! HAH! I do plan on doing all these things - just to feel better, and maybe look better too. I am having such trouble getting out of bed in the mornings lately, its PATHETIC! I like to think of the ageing process as a challenge that we all must go through, whenever our time comes. I think the more gracefully we accept it the better we will look and feel. Our youth lives on in our children....and then in their children. I tell ya what - am ok with how we are now, but check back with me in another 5 years! ;0) Sounds like you and Nits had a lovely time for your birthday - only wish I could have been there too. Maybe next year we should plan something...a little camp out perhaps? Love ya Chookster, saggy baggys and all. x

    ReplyDelete