Tuesday, January 11, 2011

You Capture - Best of 2010

Ok, now this was a hard one. Trying to pick my 10 best photos of 2010 was no easy task, but in the end I realised it actually came down to photos that had a story behind them. Even though this year I had set myself the challenge of turning the camera off automatic and learning how to use it properly, I found myself being drawn to the pictures that were not 'technically perfect', but ones that were just captured in a single moment of time. So, here they are.....

the Parthenides girls, Mia, Asha & Lola. I love that I captured Lola
in her tired phase...fingers in mouth, & one up the nose!

Holly, so thankful that you are here, safe, and still holding onto your
wonderful sense of humour.

Just because this is just us....no pretenses here!


And this because I love how, in a single moment, this is the word that came into my head.

And this because it's just so very adorable, they lambs were so cute, and Finn was so excited!.

Cleo, with a cheeky little expression, I wonder what she was thinking...

This one because, Jed's look says it all.....Yep, finger up his nose again...I am pleased
to report that the finger up the nose phase has long gone, and we are now in the " why? " phase.
Actually, maybe the finger up the nose wasn't so bad after all.....!

I love this photo because, I admire these women. They are my biggest
role models, and they are my family. (And they sing pretty good too!!)
It just reminds me of the joy of sitting on the beach. Of how good for the soul it is,
even if the weather was shite!.

And this one because I love it when he smiles. He absolutely shines....
and I hope he never forgets it.





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Bloody brilliant Chookster, you have such a wonderful way of capturing things...

    ReplyDelete