Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy 40th Shane....

(Is that Dolly & Kenny??)

What a fantastic party we had!. We are all still recovering from the huge amount of fun that we shared with great friends & family. Thankyou all so much for making the effort to join us for this celebration. It is all too easy to just let things roll on by these days, and I think we need to make a real effort to do something out of the ordinary, and create some fun, even if it does mean alot of work! Such joy comes from knowing that we have created memories which will last a lifetime. I know I will be laughing for a long time yet about just how funny it is seeing people you have known forever sporting a new hairstyle!. What an absolute cack!. The lamb on the spit was a real treat even if it wasn't quite ready on time....typical, when you're trying to feed alot of people!. The Baxters Creek Band were amazing and got us all up dancing, and the karaoke was a hoot, because everyone gets to unleash their inner star!. But by far the funniest thing was the photos taken in the photo booth. There are far too many classic photos to put up here, so I will only put up some of them for you to get the general idea. Everyone who had their photos taken will get a copy and I will make up a disc to music for us to look back on every now & then, especially when we need a good chuckle!.









Introducing......Taylor Belle. Taylor heard me telling someone to write a birthday message for Shane on the blackboard, and this is what she wrote.....pure sweetness! x












Yep, and they get better!. So the photo booth was a huge hit. The background was a piece of material I found at the op shop for $1, and it looked like it was wallpaper from the 70's. Very Funky.
A huge Thankyou to the Band, you guys were awesome, and I can't believe we didn't get a photo of you!. And thankyou to Brother John for your encouragement in me singing my song to Shane, and your wonderful piano playing.


Thanks Cindy for being able to get Shane up to sing a song. Who would have thought it would be Fleetwood Mac??


And despite the very groggy adults the next morning, the kids had a wonderful egg hunt. I can't believe I actually remembered to put their eggs at the bottom of the beds at 2 o'clock in the morning!




Hope you all had a great Easter Break. x




3 comments:

  1. Me again... :0) Was a brilliant party Chook, thanks to all your hard work. Shane is one lucky son of a gun. And by the way - sorry for the rude intrusion on your song to Shane....WHAT A LOSER I AM....I just waltzed on in there without even knowing what was going on. I would have been really embarrassed if I wasn't so wasted. ;0) Need to look at all the photo booth photos again - missed out on some of them because of Rudy and his toilet movements. Can't wait to see you again - hopefully soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great times Chooky...great effort! Agreed, the photo booth was a most awesome idea and so glad it was done. I guess we have quite a few more 40ths to come - Can't wait for yours!!!!! x

    ReplyDelete