Monday, April 18, 2011

On the Home front....



Just a little news about what's been happening around here lately......we are gearing up for Shanes 40th Birthday. It will be on the Easter Weekend, which has worked out really well for all our friends & relatives interstate as they can come down and enjoy the bush with a few days to spare!. I have been busy making decorations and cleaning up, of course, mowing and brushcutting like crazy for all the campers, and collecting fire wood. Oh and amongst all that I decided to paint the kitchen!, (mad I tell ya, MAD). Photos to come with that one, but you do remember my orange kitchen right?.


But on a sad note Shanes Pop passed away at age 84. Thanks to Dad & Laine, he flew to Perth for the funeral. He was so happy to have caught up with his family that he hasn't seen since he was 17, and they all gave Pop a fabulous send off. And then he was home and straight back into the everyday life in the bush.

We finally got around to puttting on the front verandah after all this time. This was one job that was a long time coming, and I am so thankfull that it has now been done. (the roof will come later...of course!). And we have been having alot of fun trying on wigs, as it is a wig party!. It should be a real hoot seeing people with a new hairstyle. I have plans to make a little photo booth for the night so that we can take lots of pictures while we are in the mood for a bit of fun & frivolity!. I bought a remote shutter for the camera, but unfortunately Canon don't make a wireless one for my model camera anymore, so it has a cord attached to the camera. I am hoping that this will work & I will be able to leave the camera all set up for everyone to use as they please!. My only worry is if I will have enough lighting to make this work. Fingers crossed. Check out Finny in his wig!. Hope you are all well, and if anyone has any helpful hints about the photo booth they will be greatly appreciated!. Here's hoping there will be some classic photos in this space next week!. Thanks for this photo Keith & Wendy, because you can't make it doesn't mean you have to miss out hey?. Thanks for the laugh!.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment