Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Patchwork quilt....

Oh, look at the wonderful little bundle I found at the Op Shop the other day....


An absolutely beautiful handmade patchwork quilt.  It looks to me like it was someones first go at patchwork.  I love all the vintage materials in it.  It has only inspired me to get off my butt, and just damn well get stuck into making one of my own!!.  So seeyas, I'm off to GOOGLE 'How to make a patchwork quilt', seriously, I have no idea where to start!!.
Found any op Shop goodness lately??.

3 comments:

  1. Yo Chookster...I found a good hat! Nits told me the other day that we didn't go as far as Vinnies on Oxford street....BLASPHEME! Am so sorry!!! Next time you are here...which is when??? Am LOVING the quilt...hey I bought one of those patchwork blankets you saw in bed and bath...don't think it's the one you liked...but there were no pillows left for that one. ;( Hey am starting a knitting group tonight, am going to knit me a chunky beanie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! What a great find. My first quilt was a pram size-now used for a favourite dolly. It was a great way to start and learn how to piece a quilt together.

    ReplyDelete