Thursday, September 30, 2010

here we are...

What a classic, I can't believe I'm putting these pictures up here........look at us...no makeup, daggy clothes,hair not done, but we saw the light against the trees and Tom took the pictures. I love them really, I mean this is us, no pretense here, this is the beauty of 27 years of friendship, I love seeing how our bodies have changed, the wrinkles that have advanced, the fact that even if we wanted to dress up & go out & take some photos that were a bit more glamorous & flattering we couldn't have...... because just to the side of us there were 8 kids, and if we had of gone inside & got ourselves dressed up, well it just wouldn't have happened, because we would have been mobbed, probably for food, or to settle an arguement. So instead we seized the moment & ran to the light, & here we are........this is us..... X

4 comments:

  1. Love your pictures!! Are these your best friends? Precious. So happy for the reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the light... and the friendship. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nearly made me cry Chook! Not sure if it was the wonderful way you can express yourself or those GOD AWFUL PHOTOS!!! Nah... I love it... truly is as you say.....and I know one day we shall really be old biddies looking into the lens....that will be a laugh! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brought a tear to my eye Chookster. You really do have a way with words...and I love coming to your place, I am more me there than anywhere. So - when is the next visit???? I can't wait. Love you Chookster - oh yeah -and while I think of it we really need to start thinking of something special for our 30 years of friendship - which is only 2 short years away really. Love ya x

    ReplyDelete