Monday, November 14, 2011

Around here....

Hello friends, I hope this finds you all well & happy.  Just thought I would share a little of the busyness that has been going on around here lately. 
Shane has been busy working hard with the picking season....long hours and very little time to relax when he is at home with all the work that has to be done around here also....mainly he has been focusing on finishing the front verandah....


A huge thankyou goes out to Troy, Dad, and Mitch for all their help.  As always, you all help to make our life out here just that bit easier.   One thing I know for sure is that we never turn down help when it is offered.


These are the Witches Fingers I made for Summers Halloween cake stall.....can you believe that schools now embrace this whole halloween thing, and when I asked the kids what halloween is they have absolutely no idea what it is about!!.



Had a lovely visit from my totem animal the other day, about ten black cockatoos stopped for a rest in the tree.....so I stopped for a rest to watch them!  What is your totem animal?.....

 And this beautiful little boy has started Pre-School!!.  Every Thursday now we head off for a huge day out.  Finny goes to Pre-School and I go to the school and help out in the canteen and do some reading recovery with the kids, which I absolutely LOVE!!.  You all know how important I think reading is for kids and families and now I get to do a bit for kids who really need some help...and I am finding it very rewarding and also very sad, for the kids who don't have family that will do just a little bit to help them in the long run.  And then we finish off the day with Swimming Club.


When I picked Finn up the other day form Pre-School he said  "I had the best day Mum".  So glad, I knew he was ready, and so was I.  I have also been spending alot of time and energy(!), helping Summer with a new little hobby of hers....after months of trying to decide which one, Summer has finally purchased a Blythe doll.  She has been looking and learning all about them for a while now....and although it is not a cheap hobby by any means, Shane and I are so happy to see her really excited and passionate about something, and she has even made a new friend at the same time by joining the Utterly Awesome Blythe Club!.  But you can check it out for yourselves as she has also got her own blog now.  I know she would love for you all to see her new hobby.......www.aworldofsummer.blogspot.com 
Hope you have a great day......x

No comments:

Post a Comment