Monday, November 7, 2011

Straddie trip....

Woohoo, the girls got away!.....First of all I should say a big thankyou to Shane, Mum, Dad & Laine & Logan & Summer for making it possible to go and visit Brother Baddy & Maree in their lovely home at Straddie.  It has been far too long between visits....and I am so glad Koo suggested I come up with her and that everyone helped make it happen for me. 

We arrived straight into the Island Festival which was on it's last day, and got to see Baddy play and helped at the gelati van and got to see some awesome music......keep an ear out for Bobby Alu, Nicky Bomba and Cheap Fakes....they were awesome and got me dancing my huge butt off!!.  Oh, I love to dance......





Koo and I were so glad to catch up with Jess and Rosie and Nick, cannot believe that it was the first time I had seen Jessies kids, and I was greeted by darling Rosie with the hugest hug, as if she has known me forever......truly sweet and gorgeous kids....

Rosie and Nick adored Baddys hand reared chickens!




                                             Brett and Marees beautiful permaculture garden






                                      


                                                                              My Bro !

                                         As close as I got to the water....still too cold for me!


Check these two out, studying the Melbourne cup Form guide...Mum would be poud!!.
And then off to the Straddie Pub for the race and then the Straddie Annual Toad Races...Such good fun!





                   And even though we had a few punts on the toads...they all turned out to be duds!
So we had a great Straddie trip, cannot wait to get back with the kids.  I basically spent three days laughing on a road trip with my sis.....now you can't beat that.

No comments:

Post a Comment